NUTRITION RESPONSE TESTING AND CHIROPRACTIC CARE
Sugar Addiction Quiz
A QUIZ to see if you are sugar-addicted Taken from Dr. Nancy Appleton's Lick The Sugar Habit
Answer each of the following questions as truthfully as you can. You're not going to be graded, and no one is looking over your shoulder. Be honest with yourself - your health depends on it.
QUESTION: Answer True or False
- I do not eat refined sugar every day.
- I can go for more than a day without eating some type of sugar-containing food.
- I never have cravings for sugar, coffee, chocolate, peanut butter, or alcohol.
- I've never hidden candy or other sweets around my home in order to find and eat them later.
- I can stop after eating one piece of candy or one bite of pastry.
- There are times when I have no sugar of any kind in my home.
- I can go for three or more hours without eating and not experience the shakes, fatigue, perspiration, irritability, depression, or anxiety.
- I can have candy and other sweets in my home and not eat them.
- I do not eat something sweet after each meal.
- I rarely drink coffee and eat donuts or sweet rolls for breakfast.
- I can go for more than an hour after waking up in the morning without eating.
- I can go from one day to the next without drinking a sweetened soft drink.
- Quiz Results from Lick The Sugar Habit, by Dr. Nancy Appleton If you answered "false" to more than four of the statements, chances you are probably sugar-sensitive. You are probably allergic to sugar and also addicted to it - the same way an alcoholic is addicted to alcohol. You crave sugar, have withdrawal symptoms when you don't get it, and probably feel better for a short time after you've eaten it. In eating sugar to feel better, you are actually making your condition worse.If you answered "false" to four statements or fewer, it doesn't mean you don't have a problem with sugar. You may not be addicted to it, but perhaps you don't quite realize just how much sugar you are eating.